Friday, March 29, 2013

Glitter Personalized Cup

Hello Hello! Aren't you excited a second tutorial on Good Friday?!  So my bestie's birthday is tomorrow and I wanted to make her something using my fancy new Silhouette machine. I got it for my birthday and haven't used it nearly enough. We don't usually do gifts, but rather enjoy a nice lunch or dinner together and catch up. (our busy schedules get in the way of us hanging out very ofter, but she's one of those awesome friends where you can pick up where you left off and no one gets butt-hurt(yup I just said that because if you are a female you KNOW what I am talking about!) that you haven't seen or spoken to each other in X amount of time!) Did you see that...a tangent in a tangent! Anyway she is amazing, she does these smoothie shakes for health and all that junk...not me I am total opposite. So I thought I would make her a personalized mug!

Glitter Personalized Mug!

Materials:
Double Insulated Mug-one that you could draw pictures or put pictures in
Glitter-I like fine glitter
Mod Podge
Paintbrush or foam brush
Vinyl letters-either cut from your cutting machine or purchase premade ones

I got this mug from Joann's they were 2/$5





You need to take the inner liner and put it to the side. Take your Mod Podge and paint the inside of the cup.  I saw a few tutorials before where people have put glitter on the outside of the cup, but who wants to hold something rough like that?
Next you will dump glitter in the cup and move it all around so that it covers all the Mod Podge.
 From the outside of the cup it will look a little foggy...don't worry the Mod Podge dries clear!
Now I waited until it was dry, a few hours and did a second coat.  Then it was time to apply my personalization! I used my Silhouette and cut out my bestie's name in Cheeky Rabbit font. She always puts lil' hearts above her i's so I thought it was appropriate! I also put Dream Team on the back because she is an educator for Dream Catchers Hair Extensions and she travels all over to do hair shows for them. She is why my hair rocks! Anyway if you don't have a cutter you can just use premade letters.
Add them to your cup and....Wah-La you have an awesome personalized gift, I just added a Starbucks gift card to the inside! (I'm so going to be making one for myself and I am going to try to find the cups with straws next!)


Total Cost-$3.50...depending on what products you already have!





Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment